Washing-up liquid shots in Chania bar

0

A barman in a Chania seafront bar made a mistake that nearly proved fatal to the six youths who downed the coloured liquid in one, thinking it was a shot of alcohol. As soon as they did so, they realised that the drink didn’t taste like any known spirit. They quickly realised that the barman, either through carelessness or through having drunk too many shots himself, had grabbed the washing-up liquid bottle by mistake.

The youths were taken at once to Chania Hospital, where the correct treatment was provided. According to the Poisonings Centre, the specific washing-up liquid used can cause serious stomach bleeding. Fortunately the doctors’ prompt action averted the danger.

The six youths, aged 17-21, finally returned home a few hours later, while their parents threatened to sue the bar owner.

SHARE

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY