Easter in Lassithi
The Association “Filia ton Laon” celebrates Easter on 16th April 11 am in front of the Orthodox church called Agia Pelagia near Gournia (about 2 km after Pachia Ammos) with a German protestant priest.
Last year, at the same place, people from various places of Crete attended the service and the following pick-nick.
You are warmly invited to come, if your activities allow the time to spend with us. Email:
Evangelical Mass in German Language
When: Every Sunday at 10 :30am
Where: 200 m west from the harbor bus station/(near the Agrotiki Bank and Karvelas Electrics)
Notes: Everybody is welcome
Contact : Father Christian Reich – Tel : 2810 823486-114
Besides the regular Sunday services in Heraklion, there are some more events to come in spring:
- Sun 9 of April at 11:30 Conference on the future of the congregation
- Fri 14 of April at 10:30 Good Friday service with the Lord’s supper
- Sun 16 of April at 11:00 see Easter in Lassithi
Exhibitions at the Historical Museum of Heraklion
- The major map exhibition Candia / Creta / Crete. Time and space, 16th-18th century, in collaboration with the National Bank Education Foundation (until 29 April 2006). Read about the exhibition here
- The exhibition of the Costis Mamalakis Collection, Personal Items and other Equipment of Warfare, focusing on the Battle of Crete (until 31 May 2006).
Entrance is free. Opening times: Monday – Saturday: 09.00-14.30, Wednesday afternoons: 18:00-21:00
Easter Fireworks in Agios Nikolaos
Don’t miss the annual spectacular firework display over the famous lake of Agios Nikolaos on Easter Saturday, April 22. The town gathers around the lake at around 22:30 to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus and enjoy this great event.
Every Sunday the Dance Team of the University of Crete organizes Argentine Tango parties (milongas) at Tehni Cafe (Handakos str.) from 21:30 to 01:00.
There is a video projection about tango (shows, plays, festivals, etc) followed by dancing, where everyone is welcome to dance or watch while enjoying a drink or a cup of coffee.
We remind you that the classes schedule is:
- Tuesdays: Argentine Tango
- Wednesdays: Latin
- Thursdays: Cretan dances